chocolate chunk chewy cookies

Things I miss from home:
~ going to church at 6:15 in complete darkness, through a silent snow-covered city
~ the silence of my bedroom
~ my photo spots & The Marble Counter ;)
~ family Sunday breakfasts
And I miss summer. But I miss it all year around, until it comes and then disappears too soon. There are still green leaves on trees here and it's unbelievable. When I look at these pictures with rose bush from my backyard it felt like a fairytale.







chewy chocolate chunk cookies

300 g plain flour
300 g sugar (I used half caster half light muscovado)
200 g softened butter
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
salt
150-200 g chocolate chunks / chip

mix the butter with sugar(s) until pale and fluffy, add the egg, mix again until smooth
sift the flour with baking powder and a pinch of salt, dump into the butter/sugar/egg and mix on lowest speed or with a spatula (though that will take a long time) until it comes together nicely
put the chocolate into the dough and mix in
form cookies with a tablespoon, a domes of about 4 cm (1 ½”) diameter, allow at least 4 cm between them as the cookies will spread
bake in an oven preheated to 200C for 8-10 minutes, until the edges look slightly golden and crisp but the middle is still pretty soft 
let cool down for 5-10 min before taking them off the tray and putting on a wire rack to cool them completely
store in an airtight box for up to a week



2 comments:

  1. very amazing post, i love cooking, thanks for sharing your ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice post, your content is awesome

    ReplyDelete